The ramblings of a Californian, living in Nashville, going to Art School, looking towards the big city...

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Missing you Pacific

This post might be overly personal from what I normally do. I went online and looked at real estate in Southern California today; it’s not as ridiculous as you would think. We could find a place in south bay or Venice beach for 1100 – 1300 a month, expensive yes, but doable. There’s an odd pull for me back westward. I never felt as inspired as I did when I lived in Los Angeles. I do know that it’s not New York, and not the “art capital of the world” but it’s close. I like the climate, and the culture. I never lost my left-coaster non- chalence, but for some reason that does not go over as well here in the south.

I never learned how to surf, I’ve only been to Carnival in West Hollywood once, I never went to LACMA, only did the art crawl at the brewery twice. I want to go back, and work somewhere organic, hippyish, ride my bike to the beach, drive my hybrid in the commuter lane, goto Mosaic, walk Pasadena old town, hang a show in Long Beach, collect seashells, goto another rooftop party in downtown LA (I did that once and I felt like I was in a movie.)

So anyway, I want to move back. To all my friends in LA, I miss you all terribly. To the Pacific Ocean, it’s been too long. And to the smog, maybe I’ll take you back, maybe.

3 comments:

  1. ohh but a good personal one ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. miss you too, friend! come back soon!... at LEAST to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think i may be the only other person here in nashville that shares your affinity for the los angeles :). i always say that leaving los angeles was my first heart break...i waited 3 1/2 years and its been far too long and i cant wait to feel like myself again. there is just something in the atmosphere over there that i know you feel and that cant really be explained. you shall find yourself there again soon im sure. and if not, dont hesitate to come visit me in san fran!

    ReplyDelete